Photo #2

( Next )   ( Prev )   ( Index )   (Click to enlarge)

Jim and Jack in the background, the vault door in the foreground. The vault dates from the prewar Delta Phi fraternity days (what could they have used it for?) but was retooled by Herb Grosch when IBM took possession of the building. In 1945, it was used to secure Los Alamos material – the Lab's first project.
Photo:  Frank da Cruz, 21 April 2009