After a cotemporary Indian paint
ing, in the possession of Colone
After the engraving
dian drawing, in
Voni an In
LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS
The Emperor Shah Jahan,......Frontispiece
Reproduction by Messrs. W^Lagan and Ctunming of
Edinburgh of a. cotemporary painting by a Delhi Artist
in the possession of Colonel H. B. //anna, late B.S.C.
1. Prince Aurangzeb.
2. The Emperor Shah Jah.^n.
3. Prince Murad Bakhsh.
4. Sultan Shujah.
5. Prince DAra Shikoh and his son
6. The Emperor Alamgir (Aurang-
7. Amir Jumla amusing himself in
8. SiVAJI. After the engraving in Valentyn 187
9. 'GuNGADiN.' After a lithograph from a draw¬
ing by Captain Oliver J. Jones,
10. An elephant eight at LuCKNOW After a drawing by a Lucknow
DURING THE NaWABI. ^"'*'.....^7°
11. The Empress Taj MahAl. After the engraving from an In¬
dian drawing, in Valentyn's
Beschryving .... 296
12. Raushan ArA Begum. Do. do. . 351
Figs I-12 reproduced by Messrs. Walker mid Boutall, London.
L'EmPIRE DU Grand Mogol. Reproduced from the original in
the 1670 Paris edition facing 238
RegnI Kachemire Nova ET AcCURATA Reproduced from the original in
DESCRIPTIO. '^^ ^^^^ Amsterdam edition . 4^8
Imperii Magni Mogolis Novissima Do. do. . 454
Maps reproduced by John Bartholomew and Co., Edinburgh.