Periodically, new photographs will be added to the rotation on the Columbia homepage. Members of the Columbia community are encouraged to submit photographs as candidates for inclusion in this rotation. Selections are made by the Office of Communications and Public Affairs, in consultation with a group of advisors.
Please submit digital images (JPEG or TIFF) with a minimum size of 600x217 pixels at 72 dpi to the Public Affairs Office via e-mail. Higher-resolution images are preferable, but if the file size is larger than 2 MB, please contact the Web Team to make other arrangements.
Be sure the following information is clearly indicated:
Photographs will be evaluated on quality, appropriateness of subject matter, and appropriateness of format for the Columbia.edu design. Photographs that appear on Columbia.edu may be cropped or otherwise manipulated. If your image is chosen for use on the Columbia home page, you will be notified via e-mail and your name will appear in the home page slide show.
- Photographer's full name
- Photographer's e-mail address and phone number
- Photographer's affiliation with Columbia (including year of graduation if applicable)
- Brief description of each image
- Identities of people prominently featured in image
- When necessary, the Public Affairs Office will contact you to request additional information about your photograph.
If you have any questions about the submission process, contact the Public Affairs Office.