|Note:||Migration is not required when upgrading to DB2 UDB Version
5.2 from DB2 UDB Version 5 or a DB2 UDB V5 fix pack.
When you migrate your database, the following events occur:
- The following database entities are migrated:
- Database configuration file
- Database system catalog tables
- Database directories
- Database log file header
- Database index files
- Database data files
- The database is relocated to a new database path.
- System catalog tables are changed as follows:
- New columns are added.
- New tables are created.
- A set of catalog views is migrated, and a set of new catalog views is
created, in the SYSCAT schema.
- A set of updatable catalog views is created in the SYSSTAT schema.
- A set of general purpose scalar functions is kept, and a set of new
general purpose scalar functions is created, in the SYSFUN schema. Only
SYSFUN.DIFFERENCE scalar function is dropped and re-created during
- A new directory called db2event is created in the database
- A buffer pool file is created in the database directory.
- A database history file and its shadow are created in the database
directory. This file contains a summary of backup information that can
be used if a database must be restored, and it is updated whenever a backup,
restore, or table load operation is performed on the database. A
summary of backup information is also kept for backup and restore operations
on a table space.
To plan your database migration to V5, read the following sections:
The details for migrating your database are found in the Quick Beginnings manuals for your platform. This appendix will only provide
you with an overview of the migration process for planning purposes.
[ Top of Page | Previous Page | Next Page | Table of Contents | Index ]
[ DB2 List of Books |
Search the DB2 Books ]