Quick Beginnings for DB2 Extended Enterprise Edition for UNIX
Use the information in this section to use the Client
Configuration Assistant to perform administration tasks on OS/2, Windows 95,
and Windows NT workstations.
When you install the DB2 server, if your protocols are set up and
configured, DB2 server communications are automatically configured to allow
DB2 to accept requests from remote clients.
The CCA can be installed on OS/2, Windows 95, and Windows NT
workstations. If it is not installed on your system, you can rerun the
setup program and select to install the CCA.
With the CCA, you can:
- Configure database connections that applications can use.
- Update or delete existing configured database connections.
- Display the information for existing configured connections.
- Test a connection to a database.
- Enable or disable database connections to be configured as CLI/ODBC data
- Import or export client profiles which contain information for the setup
of a client.
- Update client configuration settings.
- Discover remote databases (if enabled).
- Bind user applications and utilities to databases.
[ Top of Page | Previous Page | Next Page | Table of Contents | Index ]
[ DB2 List of Books |
Search the DB2 Books ]