- IACM Computational Mechanics Award, 2010
- Best Journal Award, Begell House, 2008
- Fellow of the American Academy of Mechanics (AAM), 2007
- 2005 USACM Computational Structural Mechanics Award: "in recognition of outstanding and sustained contributions to the broad field of Computational Structural Mechanics"
- Rensselaer School of Engineering Research Award, 2003
- Fellow, International Association for Computational Mechanics (IACM), 2001.
- Fellow, US Association for Computational Mechanics (USACM), 2000.
- ASME, International Computers in Engineering Conf., Best Paper Award, 1995.
- USACM Travel Award, 1994.
- AIAA/SDM, Computational Mechanics, Best Paper, 1993.
- National Science Foundation Presidential Young Investigator Award, 1992.
- Walter P.Murphy Fellowship, Northwestern University, 1986.
- Summa Cum Laude, M.S 1985, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology.
- Summa Cum Laude, B.S 1982, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology.
- Presidential Award for outstanding performance in the academic years 1978-1982.