to boldly go where many have gone before
We're always collecting new places on the internet to hang out; if you have a favorite link not listed here, let us know! These links are roughly divided by category, as best we can impose a system on the sprawling mass of the 'tubes. Commentary comes from the CUSFS officers, and is meant to help the bewildered and overwhelmed CUSFSer in her desperate attempt to procrastinate.
think globally, act within local variable scope
- Columbia University Anime Club
- Columbia University Games Club
- NYU Science Fiction & Fantasy Club (site currently down)
- New York City Nerds
- New York Comic Con
- Little Rock Science Fiction Society
- National Novel Writing Month
- Organization for Transformative Works
- GLBT Fantasy Fiction resources
- Harvard-Radcliffe Science Fiction Association (HRSFA)
- New England Science Fiction Association
- Denise McCune
- Elizabeth Bear
- Patrick and Teresa Neilson Hayden
- John Scalzi
- Justine Larbalestier
- Spider Robinson
- Neil Gaiman
- N.K. Jemisin
- K. Tempest Bradford
- Science Fiction Novelists
- Sequential Tart, a Web Zine about the comics industry, which is raising the awareness of women's influence.
- The Star, by Arthur C. Clarke. A classic of science fiction, and for a reason.
- LibriVox Catalog. A collection of public domain audiobooks, with a substantional proportion of sci-fi and horror classics!
- Strange Horizons, a weekly web-based magazine of and about speculative fiction.
- Hulu: streaming video of a lot of TV shows we love, including: Stargate SG-1, Firefly and Serenity, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Babylon 5, Stargate Atlantis, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, classic Battlestar Galactica, Dollhouse, reboot Battlestar Galactica, Bleach, and InuYasha.
- Surf the Channel, a compilation of streaming video across the internet. They have some shows which aren't on Hulu, but the quality isn't as good.