In addition to attempts at publishing things annually, Philolexian has published other stuff that makes for great reference material when doing research about Philo or whatever, really. They generally fall into two categories. There are the three compendiums published after 1902, including a centennial history of the society, and two subsequent supplements, and then there are the oft-published "Constitution and By-Laws of the Society" handbooks, consisting of the eponymous information along with a variety of other lists, including membership rolls, prize winners, past presidents, etc. Together they make for a rich resource.
Unless otherwise noted, you can find these in the Philolexian Library (somewhere). Be very careful in handling them though, as they are old, crumbly, and very fragile.
- Samplings and Chronicles, Being the Continuation of the Philolexian Society History, With Literary Selections, From 1912 to 1927, edited by ?Jacques Barzun (1927) - consisting mostly of essays - Foreword by John Erskine, Introductory, Changing Forms of Philo Activity, Anthology (of writing by Philos), Index Philolecticus, Seventeen ?Philolexian Plays, Notes on Authors, Roll of Members 1913-1927
- Philolexian Annals 1902-1912 (1912) - including a picture of the second Philolexian Play on the inside of the cover page, Foreword (noting that it is a sequel to the 1899 handbook and the 1902 history), The Centennial (a recap and program of the centennial celebration), Later Years (an essay describing Philo's rise to campus leadership, taking over management of the Curtis Medal competition, a Philo dance, the beginning of Philo Plays, the Philomathean Challenge, and the lack of halls), Constitution, By-Laws, Endowed Prizes (short blurbs about the Prize Fund, and the new Centennial Prize), Prize Fund Winners 1900-1912, Centennial Prize Winners 1907-1911, Debates (Intersocietal, Intercollegiate, YMCA), picture of first Philolexian Play, Details (casts, dates) of Philolexian Plays 1-2, Officers 1902-1912, Roll of Members 1802-1912 (ordered by class), Unrecorded Alumni Members, Honorary Members
- A History of the Philolexian Society of Columbia University from 1802-1902, by Ernest Abraham Cardozo (1902) Available here, and in the Philolexian Library - this is a straight prose history. No charts, lists etc.
Constitutions and By-Laws (with a description of what you can find in them, as confirmed by a Philo who has looked at them)
- Constitution and By-Laws (1860) - contains Constitution, By-Laws, Decisions of the Standing Committees 10/12/1832-6/1/1860, Scheme of "the Philolexian Honorary Prize Fund", Names of Members in Order of Initiation, Index
- Constitution and By-Laws (1881) - contains Constitution (heavily edited), By-Laws (shortened since 1860), Scheme of "the Philolexian Honorary Prize Fund" (in much greater detail than in 1860, including rules of the competition, and with the number of prizes expanded from 4 to 7), Prize Winners 1855-1881, Orators at the Semi-Annual Exhibition (1855-1880), Presidents of the Society, List of Members
- Constitution and By-Laws (1899) - contains Constitution, By-Laws (with annotated Order of Business in margins), Scheme of Prize Fund (same as 1881 - note that a rule for changing the scheme appeared in the 1860 handbook, but not here or in the 1881), Prize Winners 1855-1899 (minus the 1899 debate winners), List of Members 1802-1899 (with a preamble/oath extracted from "Parchment Roll No. 5, Commenced February 20, 1857", and some notations on pgs. 33-42), Intercollegiate Debates, YMCA Debbates, Intersociety Debates
In addition, the University Archives also has a number of handbooks (with a description according to the card catalog listing of what you can find in them - the aforementioned Philo has not confirmed with his own eyes what they include), including
- Constitution (1820)
- Constitution (1825) - including catalogue of library, and list of members
- Constitution and By-Laws (1831)
- Constitution and By-Laws (1839) - including the decisions of the president, 1831-1839
- Constitution and By-Laws (1847) - including decisions of the presidents and standing committees, upon questions arising under the same, together with a list of members
- Constitution and By-Laws (1851) - including decisions of the standing committees 1832-1857 (? - information taken from the archive's card catalog. could be wrong)
- Constitution and By-Laws (1852) - with decisions of the standing committees upon questions arising under the same... with a list of members and presidents.
- Constitution and By-Laws (1852) - with decisions of the standing committees... with a list of members and presidents (this is probably a duplicate copy of the above item)
- Constitution and By-Laws (1860) - see entry above, in the philolexian library collection
- Constitution and By-Laws (1881) - ditto
- Constitution and By-Laws (1894) - including a list of members
- Constitution and By-Laws (1899) - see entry above, in the philolexian library collection