Wednesday, September 17, 2003
Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at the beginning of class
- Please review the
- You must write down with whom you worked on the assignment. If this
changes from problem to problem, then you should write down this
information separately with each problem.
- Numbered problems are all from the textbook Introduction to
Mathematical Programming, 4th Edition.
- p. 97 , Problem A2. Formulate but do not solve the LP.
- p. 130, Problem A3.
- p. 139, Problem A3. Give a table and a graph like the one done
- p. 149, Problem A3. Show your work. (each step of the simplex algorithm).
- Run the simplex algorithm on the linear program given in class on
Monday, but make x2, your first choice for the entering
variable. That linear program was
maximize 3x1 + x2 + 2 x3
x1 + x2 + 3 x3 <= 30
2 x1 + 2 x2 + 5 x3 <= 24
4 x1 + x2 + 2 x3 <= 36
x1,x2,x3 >= 0
- Extra Credit: Put the following problem into standard LP form.
(Hint: you may need to introduce a dummy variable.)
||| x - 1 |