- Information about the course project can be
found here . (New as of 4/24).
- Final exam: Tuesday, May 14, 9AM, Mudd 535. You can bring a
calculator and one sheet of 8.5 inch by 11 inch paper with notes to
- You can fill out a final evaluation.
- Here are a few problems to help review the material from the
class on 4/23: 10.6, 10.7, 14.6, 14.7, 14.8. Here are the answers to the first two
Here are the answers to the
remaining questions, and here is a quick and
dirty C program that I used to compute all the solutions.
- Here are a few problems to help review the material from the last
class before the midterm: (1) 5.21, (2) write out the matching problem associated with
the scheduling problem in Example 5.3.5 (p. 116). (3) For an instance
of Q|pmtn| sum C_j , with n jobs and m machines, what is the maximum
number of preemptions in the SRPT-FM schedule? Can you give an
instance for which the number of preemptions is less than the maximum?
Solutions for these problems can be found here .
- 2/27/02. Change: The midterm exam will be completely
- 2/11/02. There is a small change to
Problem 5 on HW 3.
- 1/30/02. There is a small change to Problem 4 on HW 2.