We have confirmed with Club Sports and the Barnard PE Chair that we have been suspended for the rest of the semester. Your dues preferences have been recorded and the refund process has begun. Archery club will resume practice next semester.
As it appears unlikely that the club will be able to continue practice this semester, the executive board has made the decision to refund dues for the semester. All club members have the following options:
- If you wish to continue with archery club in the second semester, your dues can be carried over and applied to the second semester. If you paid for two semesters, 50% of your fees will be refunded.
- Whether you wish to continue with the club or not next semester, you also can opt for a full refund.
- The last option is for members interested in potentially travelling to Proline Archery in Ozone Park during this semester with the club. The executive board is working on arranging practices at a discounted rate, details pending. No coaching will be offered at these events - interested members should be experienced archers. If you are interested, please choose this option. Your dues will be held (or 50% refunded if you paid for 2 semesters). A percentage of your dues may be deducted and a partial refund issued if practices do occur. You may opt to simply carry over your dues at any time before the first practice.
Please indicate your preference at this poll. If you do not reply by 1 November 2013, your dues will be automatically carried over to the next semester.
Hey guys, we had an incident today in which a member's arrow glanced off the target butt and hit the basketball backboard, which shattered. We are pending notice on how this affects future practices. Until further notice, all practices have been suspended indefinitely.
On a more positive note, I'm glad to say that we now have use of the mailman mailing list system instead of the old and antiquated listserv system. If you were on the previous listserv, you have been automatically transferred over. If you find that you aren't receiving emails, please contact me here. You can change your details at "http://lists.columbia.edu/mailman/options/archeryclub/INSERT_YOUR_EMAIL_HERE" (without quotations marks and your email address at the end). If you would like to subscribe to the mailing list, see the sidebar.
Thanks to everyone who showed up with dues and registrations completed today. We really appreciate that you took your time to make our lives easier. It's going to be a great year guys! Meanwhile, here's a comprehensive guide to archery form. Keep in mind that technique differs from coach to coach and archer to archer, and some of the form we teach will not be exactly the same as the guide.
TL;DR Pay dues, register online, practices open.
Hey archers, as we wrap up our second week of practice, it's time to collect dues. All club sports are required to collect dues, which are used to pay for tournaments, transportation, coaching and equipment. Our dues for this year will be $40 for the first semester and $50 for the second semester for undergraduates. It'll be $80 if you want to pay for both semesters at once. For graduate students, it'll be $50 for the first semester and $60 for the second semester, and $100 if you want to pay for both semesters at once. You are required to pay dues to participate in the club. You will not be allowed to shoot on Monday if you don't pay dues. You may dues in either cash or cheque. Our treasurer prefers cheque. If you pay by cheque it must be addressed to Columbia University in the City of New York. Give your cheque or cash only to a club officer: Mervin, Mick, Wenlan or Felix.
In addition all club sports members are required to sign a waiver and register their information at this link. It is also available via Dodge Fitness Center's website. Go to the club sports link, click "Join a Club", and select "Archery". You are also required to sign the waiver to shoot on Monday.
Lastly, general body practices (Mondays and Wednesdays) are no longer separated by last name. We encourage everyone to come to every meeting.
Hey archers, welcome back to another year. I'm Mick, the VP of Archery Club. Feel free to email me if you have any questions at email@example.com.
I've received a lot of questions about practices, so here's some general information:
- You do not need previous experience to join the club; new archers are always welcome.
- We provide all of the necessary equipment, though if you already own equipment, you are welcome to bring it.
- We practice from 7:30 to 9:30 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays in Le Frak Gymnasium, Barnard Hall. You are not required to attend every practice, but keep in mind that the more you shoot, the faster you improve.
- We will be attending a number of regional and national tournaments in the Spring term. New archers may not be able to attend the first few, but as long as you show up to practice regularly, it is very likely that you will be able to attend at least one tournament.
- All club sports collect dues; the exact amount will be announced soon, but are typically around $30 - $50 a semester. Dues help us keep our equipment up to date and in good condition. The money is also used for transportation and tournament registration fees.
- Practices are open ONLY to Columbia affiliates with a valid Dodge Gym membership (undergraduates, graduates, alumni, faculty, staff). Please bring a copy of your Columbia ID at practice.
Looking forward to shooting with you all,
CU Archery Club Executive Board
Mervin, Mick, Wenlan, Felix