Don't worry if these rules seem confusing; we will explain them when you come to practice.
- Short sleeve tops are recommended or long sleeve tops that fit tightly on the arms.
- Sneakers are required in the Barnard LeFrak Gymnasium.
- Always use a stringer to string your bow.
- Always use a finger tab and an arm guard when shooting.
- Use a chest protector if necessary.
- Never release the string if you are drawing a bow without an arrow loaded; this is called dryfiring.
- Check that no one is in front of the shooting line before you nock an arrow.
- In the Barnard LeFrak Gymnasium, check that no one is running on the track above as well.
- If the arrow falls off the arrow rest, take down; do not shoot it.
- Treat arrows that fall on the floor past the shooting line as arrows that have been shot; retrieve them later.
- Do not walk past the shooting line for any reason until everyone has stepped off the shooting line.
- Check that no one is behind you when you pull your arrows.
- If the string keeps hitting your arm when you shoot, let the coach know.
- No more than three archers should shoot simultaneously on the same target butt.
- Be careful not to tilt your bow in the way of the archers next to you when nocking an arrow.
- Do not talk to or touch the archers next to you when they are at full draw.
- Wait until the archers next to you have completed their shots before stepping on or off the shooting line.
- Do not shoot more than five arrows per end.
- If you are the last person shooting, do not shoot more than one arrow.
- If you are the last person shooting, shout "clear"; when you step off the shooting line to indicate that it is safe for everyone to retrieve their arrows.
- Leave your bow on the bow stand when you retrieve your arrows.
- Hold conversations behind the shooting line, not at the target butts.
- Assist in setting up and taking down targets at the beginning and end of practice.