| How to find a
journal article at Columbia:
Step 1: Get complete title of the journal by clicking here
- J. Org Chem. = Journal of Organic Chemistry
- JACS = Journal of the American Chemical Society
- JChed = Journal of Chemical Education
- C & E News = Chemical and Engineering News
- Tet. = Tetrahedron
- Tet. Lett. = Tetrahedron Letters
Step 2: Check the online
Step 3. If it is not on the online journals list, check “chemistry
library journals”. This is also available as a binder in the
Step 4: The case number listed in the list indicate where the journal
is shelved. Use the map
to find the location within the library.
Step 4: Still can’t find it. Use title search on Clio,
our online catalog.
Step 5. If it is not available at Columbia University AND if you
can WAIT for a week, fill out an Interlibrary
Loan form online or in person at any library on campus.