Useful resource for finding the structure, synonyms and registry
number for organic compounds. This source is also good for finding
articles on topics in chemistry but the search results needs to
be refined to eliminate references to non-English materials,
patents and journals not available in our library system.
Location: This database is available on three computers in the
To find chemical structure or alternate names:
1. Click on Chemical substance or reaction.
2. Click on Substance Identifier.
3. Type in the name that you have & click okay.
4. When the results come up, click on the microscope.
5. Note the names & the registry number.