Department of Ecology, Evolution &
Forest Disturbance and Regrowth in Puerto Rico Following Hurricane Maria:
Benchmarks for Earth System Models from Forest Inventory and Remote Sensing
· RAPID: Hurricane Maria: Assessing landscape
resilience to a changing disturbance regime.
· A neighborhood approach to the biogeography of
Puerto Rican trees.
· Interactive effects of droughts and hurricanes on
long-term community dynamics in subtropical wet forests.
· Effects of land cover change and climate variability
delivery services in Puerto Rico
sustainable water provision in the face of extreme precipitation events and
human land use in the watersheds of the Cantareira system, Brazil
PAST RESEARCH PROJECTS
of landscape configuration on plant recruitment in Amazonia
in Western Amazonia: Understanding the roles of climatic, social,
demographic, and land use change
· Successional vegetation dynamics in wet tropical
forests at multiple scales: integrating neighbourhood
effects, functional traits, and phylogeny
· Climate change impacts on forest biodiversity:
individual risk to sub-continental impacts