Dr. James E. Hansen
475 Riverside Drive
New York, NY 10115 USA
"Storms of My Grandchildren", by James Hansen
On the webpage "Updating the Climate Science: What Path is the Real World Following?", Drs. Makiko Sato and James Hansen update figures in the book Storms of My Grandchildren (see LA Times review) and present updated graphs and discussion of key quantities that help provide understanding of how climate change is developing and how effective or ineffective global actions are in affecting climate forcings and future climate change. A few errata in Storms are also provided.
Near Future Presentations
- Dec. 11 (Wed.), 2013: RESCHEDULED: Union Frontiers of Geophysics Lecture, 12:30-1:30 PM, Moscone North, Hall E
- Dec. 12 (Thurs.), 2013: "Minimizing Irreversible Impacts of Human-Made Climate Change" (Invited Talk), 5:30 PM, Room 104 Moscone South, AGU Session: Global Environmental Change High Profile Topics III
- Dec. 13 (Fri.), 2013: "Communicating the Need to Avoid Dangerous Climate Change" (Invited Talk) James E. Hansen, Pushker A. Kharecha, Makiko Sato 11:35 AM, Room 102 Moscone South, AGU Session: 400 ppm CO2: Communicating Climate Science Effectively
- Jan. 29 (Wed.), 2014: 13th Annual John H. Chafee Memorial Lecture at NCSE Building Climate Solutions Conference, Hyatt Regency Crystal City, Washington, D.C. National Airport, 6:15 p.m.
Dr. Hansen periodically posts commentary on his recent papers and presentations and on other topics of interest to an e-mail list. To receive announcements of new postings, please click here.
- Dec. 3, 2013: Assessing "Dangerous Climate Change": summary and commentary on new paper.
- Oct. 21, 2013: David vs Goliath: on unconventional fossil fuels and Citizens Climate Lobby. In HTML.
- Sep. 26, 2013: Climate Sensitivity, Sea Level and A tmospheric Carbon Dioxide: Discussion of paper in Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc. In HTML.
- Sep. 13, 2013: Tar Sands and Dirty Tricks: Discussion of New Yorker article on Tom Steyer and KXL pipeline. In HTML.
- Sep. 13, 2013: Europe Standing Tall Against a Rogue State: Discussion of European trip re tar sands. In HTML.
Recent Scholarly Publications
Hansen, J., P. Kharecha, M. Sato, V. Masson-Delmotte, et al., Assessing "Dangerous Climate Change": Required Reduction of Carbon Emissions to Protect Young People, Future Generations and Nature. PLOS ONE, 8, e81468.
Hansen, J., M. Sato, G. Russell, and P. Kharecha, 2013: Climate sensitivity, sea level, and atmospheric carbon dioxide. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A, 371, 20120294, doi:10.1098/rsta.2012.0294.
Other Recent Publications
Apr. 4, 2013: Keystone XL: The pipeline to disaster. Op-ed in the Los Angeles Times.
Recent TV Appearance
in Recent News
- Nov. 3, 2013: "Top climate scientists ask environmentalists to support nuclear power in climate battle" [Washington Post, originally from Associated Press]
This page last updated Tuesday, 10-Dec-2013 21:34:46 EST