Dr. James E. Hansen
Dr. Hansen periodically posts commentary on his recent papers and presentations and on other topics of interest to an e-mail list and to the CSAS blog. To receive announcements of new postings, please click here.
- March 2, 2017: Sophie Sez #2: Obama Missed A Golden Opportunity - but We Can Still Win! (Transcript)
- February 15, 2017: Sophie Sez #1: You loaded 16 tons, what do you get? (Transcript)
- February 9, 2017: Press Conference: The Conservative Case for Carbon Dividends
- February 8, 2017: Fee and Dividend: Saving Young People's Future
- January 27, 2017: Peaceful Revolutionary Party
- March, 2017: Sophie Sez #2: Obama Missed A Golden Opportunity - but We Can Still Win! (Transcript)
- February 2017: Sophie Sez #1: You loaded 16 tons, what do you get? (Transcript)
- December 2016: Video dor "We Hold Truths to be Self -Evident"
- October 2016: Video for "Vote Yes for I-732"
- October 2016: Video discussion for "Young People's Burden: Requirement of Negative CO2 Emissions" (ESDD)
Monthly Temperature Update
- March 15: Global Temperature
"Storms of My Grandchildren", by James Hansen
On the webpage "Updating the Climate Science: What Path is the Real World Following?", Drs. Makiko Sato and James Hansen update figures in the book Storms of My Grandchildren (see LA Times review) and present updated graphs and discussion of key quantities that help provide understanding of how climate change is developing and how effective or ineffective global actions are in affecting climate forcings and future climate change. A few errata in Storms are also provided.
- February 29, 2012:
Why I Must Speak Out About Climate Change:
Presentation given at TED 2012 at Long Beach, California.
+ Download PDF, retouched (6 MB)
+ Download PPTX, retouched (6 MB)
+ TED video
+ YouTube video
Near Future Presentations
- April 7 (Fri): Featured talk on climate change, AAG annual meeting in Boston.
- April 14 (Fri): "Can Scientists (Not) Be Activists?", Rainey Auditorium, Penn Museum, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 5-6:30 pm.
- April 18 (Tues): "Peaceful Revolution: Global Justice for Young People Requires a New Approach", John B Davis Lecture Hall, Macalester College, Saint Paul, MN, 4:30 pm.
- December 2015:
Climate Change and Energy: How Can Justice Be Achieved for Young People and Nature?:
Presentation given in Beijing, China on Dec. 22
+ Download PDF (5.0 MB)
- February 2014:
Symposium on a New Type of Major Power Relationship:
Presentation given at Counsellors Office of the State Council, Beijing, China on Feb. 24.
+ Download PDF (4.1 MB)
- December 2013:
Minimizing Irreversible Impacts of Human-Made Climate Change:
Presentation given at AGU Fall Meeting on Dec. 12.
+ Download PDF (4.3 MB)
- September 2012:
A New Age of Risk:
Presentation given at Columbia University on Sep. 22.
+ Download PDF (2.1 MB)
+ Download PPT (2.5 MB)
Recent TV Appearance
in Recent News
Recent Scholarly Publications
Other Recent Publications
April 4, 2013: Keystone XL: The pipeline to disaster. Op-ed in the Los Angeles Times.
This page last updated Thursday, 23-Mar-2017 18:00:34 EDT