Dr. James E. Hansen
475 Riverside Drive
New York, NY 10115 USA
"Storms of My Grandchildren", by James Hansen
On the webpage "Updating the Climate Science: What Path is the Real World Following?", Drs. Makiko Sato and James Hansen update figures in the book Storms of My Grandchildren (see LA Times review) and present updated graphs and discussion of key quantities that help provide understanding of how climate change is developing and how effective or ineffective global actions are in affecting climate forcings and future climate change. A few errata in Storms are also provided.
Near Future Presentations
Dr. Hansen periodically posts commentary on his recent papers and presentations and on other topics of interest to an e-mail list. To receive announcements of new postings, please click here.
- July 17, 2014: Monarchs Return? First sighting of 2014. Uncertain prospects for recovery.
- July 2, 2014: The Wheels of Justice: Legal actions, multi-front strategy, young people & the end-game.
- June 19, 2014: Too Little, Too Late? Oops?: The status of climate action.
- Apr. 29, 2014: Young People's Day in Court: Part II: A change of plans & what young people must ask.
- Apr. 24, 2014: Energy and Climate: Oral testimony to U.S. Senate and Response to Senator Menendez' questions.
- Apr. 14, 2014: Young People's Day in Court: An historic case will be held is the U.S. Court of Appeals on May 2.
Recent Scholarly Publications
Hansen, J., P. Kharecha, M. Sato, V. Masson-Delmotte, et al., Assessing "Dangerous Climate Change": Required Reduction of Carbon Emissions to Protect Young People, Future Generations and Nature. PLOS ONE, 8, e81468.
Hansen, J., M. Sato, G. Russell, and P. Kharecha, 2013: Climate sensitivity, sea level, and atmospheric carbon dioxide. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A, 371, 20120294, doi:10.1098/rsta.2012.0294.
Other Recent Publications
Apr. 4, 2013: Keystone XL: The pipeline to disaster. Op-ed in the Los Angeles Times.
Symposium on a New Type of Major Power Relationship:
Presentation given at Counsellors Office of the State Council, Beijin, China on Feb. 24.
+ Download PDF (3.5 MB)
Minimizing Irreversible Impacts of Human-Made Climate Change:
Presentation given at AGU Fall Meeting on Dec. 12.
+ Download PDF (4.3 MB)
Recent TV Appearance
in Recent News
- Nov. 3, 2013: "Top climate scientists ask environmentalists to support nuclear power in climate battle" [Washington Post, originally from Associated Press]
This page last updated Thursday, 17-Jul-2014 14:54:42 EDT