Concentration in Portuguese Studies
Eight courses required (minimum 24 points):
- PORT 3101 "Conversation about the Lusophone World"
- PORT 3300 "Advanced Language through Content"
- PORT 3330 "Introduction to Portuguese Studies"
- PORT 3350 "Lusophone Africa and Afro-Brazilian Cultures"
- 4 electives: 2 courses must have the PORT designation; 2 courses may be taken outside the Portuguese section but must have Lusophone content. Up to 3 courses taken abroad may count toward the concentration.
- A maximum of two courses taught in English may be counted toward the concentration overall.
Here are copies of the Columbia College Major and Concentration Declaration Form and of the School of General Studies Major and Concentration Declaration Form that you can print and take to your meeting with the DUS for signing.
For more information, contact the department's Director of Undergraduate Studies.