Professor, Department of Economics
Address:   1033 IAB, 420 W. 118th Street, New York, NY 10027
Phones  :   212-854-3926 (voice); 212-854-8059 (fax)
Curriculum Vitae (updated Sept. 2013)
- Candidates, Character, and Corruption, with Doug Bernheim, American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, May 2014.
- Simple Mechanisms and Preferences for Honesty, with Richard Holden and Olivier Tercieux, Games and Economic Behavior, January 2014.
- Pandering to Persuade, with Yeon-Koo Che and Wouter Dessein, American Economic Review, February 2013.
- Herding with Collective Preferences, with Nageeb Ali, Economic Theory, November 2012.
- Supersedes an earlier working paper "Social Learning in Elections."
- Implementation with Evidence, with Olivier Tercieux, Theoretical Economics, May 2012.
- A Note on Undominated Bertrand Equilibria, Economics Letters, May 2011.
- Opinions as Incentives, with Yeon-Koo Che, Journal of Political Economy, October 2009.
- Strategic Communication with Lying Costs, Review of Economic Studies, October 2009.
- Subsumes portions of an earlier working paper "Information Transmission with Almost-Cheap Talk," the other portions of which are subsumed by "Selecting Cheap-Talk Equilibria."
- Would I Lie to You? On Social Preferences and Lying Aversion, with Sjaak Hurkens, Experimental Economics, June 2009.
- Information Aggregation in Standing and Ad Hoc Committees, with Nageeb Ali, Jacob Goeree, and Thomas Palfrey, American Economic Review: Papers and Proceedings, May 2008.
Selecting Cheap-Talk Equilibria, with Ying Chen and Joel Sobel, Econometrica, January 2008.
- A Note on Cheap Talk and Burned Money, Journal of Economic Theory, September 2007.
- Signaling Character in Electoral Competition, with Preston McAfee, American Economic Review, June 2007.
Credulity, Lies, and Costly Talk, with Marco Ottaviani and Francesco Squintani, Journal of Economic Theory, May 2007.
Unpublished Papers and Work in Progress
- Spring 2014: Undergraduate Microeconomics seminar (W4911) and Ph.D. Microeconomics Analysis II (G6212); course materials will be available at Courseworks.